Well, it's 11:01 pm, on the dot, and I find myself trying to stay up until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. It seems to make falling asleep by myself more bearable, even though I have a dog at the end of my bed. Josh left for Emerald Downs (I can't remember what city it's in) until Sunday. He is there with some fellow vet students on "foal watch." Pretty cool huh? I wish we could have gone with him, but it wasn't possible. They are sleeping in the horse facility so they can be there whenever needed. I think it will be a pretty cool experience for him. I just hate it when he's gone. It's something I think I've gotten pretty good at accepting since I've been with him this far into vet school, but it never really gets easier. I miss his companionship most at night after the kids are in bed and I want to hang out and talk about the day. I guess my blogger friends can stand in for Josh tonight. Maybe that's why I'm putting this post out there...
I also wanted to say that I am so proud of Josh. I attended a scholarship awards banquet with him tonight. He made a wonderful date and we had a lot of fun talking with the people at our table. This year was a different experience at the awards banquet as we were able to sit with the people who gave Josh his scholarship. That was really neat, and the guy from Pfizer who sat with us was really funny. I was reminded tonight that the Lord is very aware of our family and the things we need. Tonight made me thankful that I have a husband who loves school and learning and helping his peers. I hope I can be the kind of student Josh is when it's my turn to finish school: kind, considerate and caring. I love you Josh.



5 comments:
You are so good to acknowledge how hard it is to have him gone but at the same time be happy and excited for him and what he is doing. What a sweet and supportive wife you are! Call us if you get bored, we'd love to hang out!
Can I just say that you have the cutest kids ever?! Geeesshhh!
Well, since today is Sunday, he's home, but I know how hard it is to fall asleep alone. Just probably not as often as you. Hang in there. Being the one in school I SO appreciate the support (often unseen and unappreciated) from my spouse. Couldn't do it without him. Anyway, love the darly bird site. Have you seen magic cabin?
Amy whenever he is gone next year I'm expecting you to call me. Dan will most likely be gone too (or on nights which will mean I need to be out of the house so he can sleep).
Amy,
You are such a great person. I am so happy that Josh found you. You two are pretty perfect for eachother. I am sure he is thinking of you, just as you are thinking of him and how lucky he is to have you. :) I love seeing all of your blog posts. The girls are gorgeous and so are you!! It is so fun to watch you and Josh with your two little sweeties. Take care and know that we love you all. :) Bonnie
Post a Comment