September 1, 2008

In Memoriam


Here is Joe's bachelor pad that Josh built for him.


I know most of you who read the Rupp's blog learned that our pig that Madi named Joe, died a few weeks ago. He was about a week away from being ready and I got a phone call from Camille telling me that she thought Joe was dead. I guess he was laying on his side with his little legs sticking straight out. Camille's husband Brian came home to confirm that he was indeed a goner. Brian hooked him up to the John Deer mower and put him quite a ways away in the nearby pasture. We get a lot of coyotes out here, so we figured if we couldn't eat him, they could.
Madi named him Joe after meeting a buddy of mine named Joe. I think Joe felt happy that Madi had named our pig after him. The pig dying is no reflection of what we wish for you Joe!
Josh wished he could've been here to at least do an autopsy to find out what happened. He thinks that Joe might have eaten a screw because the bed Josh had built for him was ripped apart.
I asked Madi when she saw these pictures where she thought Joe was and she said, while shrugging her shoulders,
"With Jesus I guess."
Well said Madilyn, well said.

2 comments:

The Bells said...

Ok... that is sad! :( But.. kinda funny too! :) The best part is that Mady named him after Joe! I love it! lol!

The Kay Family said...

RIP Joe!