November 3, 2008

A Great Halloween!
This year Madilyn and Lily went as witches. Their costumes turned out sooo cute I think. Camille helped to sew the tutus that they wore as their skirts, and I bought plain black hats and decorated them with leftover fabric from the tutus and Halloween ribbon from a project I did last year. I used Madi's leotard from her dance class she took awhile ago, and Lily's top was a onesie...perfect! I had a lot of fun decorating the hats! I made them uniquely different, just how my girls are.
We did go to a ward Halloween party and had some pictures of it, but I had a mental lapse and thought that I had already downloaded those photos, when I hadn't, and erased them. Bummer. Josh went as the broom and I went as the black cat. I made him a skirt out of burlap and cut long strips down it to make it look like a broom. He took my brown eyeliner and drew lines down his face so he looked like the handle. Most people thought he was an "Ent" (sorry to you Lord of the Ring fans if it's spelled wrong!) those talking, walking tree creatures. I had my face all painted up like a cat and it turned out pretty good. Between my face paint extravaganza and Josh's skirt, we got some interesting stares, lucky for us our girls were adorable and stole the attention! I really didn't get too many pictures of the girls at the party because it was crazy there. We combined with all the other married student wards and my kids were hopped up on candy and running all over the place!
I have to admit, I was bummed out I didn't get better pictures of them for Halloween so I got them in their costumes today for a bit of a photo shoot. It was a little chilly outside, but they were troopers.
Here are some of my favorite ones:



My favorite Halloween essential from now on...darling tights!!



More fun tights!



Hmmm...I think it's time to go inside!

After the witch costumes were decided, Madi and I would go around the house or in the car practicing our best and scariest witch cackles. Little did I know how well Lily would pick up on it!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love the girls' witch costumes, they look so adorable! I want to see a picture of you and Josh in your costumes, too! :)

Tyson and Marie said...

Those witch costumes are awesome! I especially loved their hats! Good job!

Mindy Peck said...

Amy those costumes are DARLING!! Good job. The girls are getting so big.

The Bott Family said...

Adorable little witches with the cutest little cackles!