Old Man River

We've had about two feet of snow melt in a matter of two days along with rain showers and our river is getting full! The pictures will be easier to judge for people that have been here before, but you can still sort of see what I'm talking about.

When the cows are here in the Spring, they can walk right under the bridge. I don't think they'd be able to do that right now without floating away!


Here you can see just how much of the bank is being swallowed up.

Both sides of the pasture have started flooding. Thankfully, it hasn't washed over onto the road yet.
3 comments:
I only ever get to see it in the early morning and late evening. HOLY COW! YOu might really have to move in with us. Yikes!
Don't get swept away! We had a thaw today too, but we still have drifts of snow (the beauty of living in a city with snow plows and nowhere for snow to go).
Now we know where all the flooding action is! Crazy weather!
Post a Comment