April 20, 2009

Back Home...

My cute kids came up with this on their own! Lily copied what she saw Madi doing and it was too cute!
Madi especially was excited to come home. She came in the house and said, "Wow, the house looks great you guys!" Then she ran over and sat on the couch and said, "This is fantastic!" So, yeah, she was glad to be home with all her toys and books and her own bed. It was so funny...everything was like new again.


It has been so long since I last posted, but we are back home and are doing well. We had a wonderful visit in Utah and felt so thankful that we got to see so many family members and friends. Now it's nearing the end of the long road that has been vet school and I am busy packing up the house. The house already looks so bare! I will certainly miss the Askin farm area...it has been so quiet and beautiful here.

The above picture is from the WSU Veterinary Awards and Scholarship Ceremony. We have always had such a good time attending and have felt so blessed to have attended all four years while Josh has been in school. It's kind of a fun night, because no one knows what award/scholarship they are getting! This year Josh received recognition for his continued proficiency in equine theriogenology (horse reproduction/genetics) that he maintained all four years while attending WSU. He also received a scholarship for excelling in small animal surgery. This award was a big surprise to him, but it was just testament to me that he is so well rounded. All in all, I felt very proud of Josh and am thankful to be his wife!


I am hoping to post more pictures soon as I get the time.


2 comments:

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

I am so happy for you two. Conrats Josh and Amy!! All of the hard work will all be worth it. :) Luv you both. :) Bonnie

Mindy Peck said...

Great job Josh! What a little smarty pants!