September 20, 2007

On this particular day, I found Madi sitting just as you see her in this picture. She had climbed up on top of her changing table (by herself mind you...talk about scary!) to reach some books on a nearby shelf. When I asked her what she was doing she simply replied, "I'm reading Mama."
Just ask Madi's Omi and she'll tell you that Madi would literally have you read to her from sun up 'til sun down. It was so sweet to see her sitting there surrounded by her books "reading" to herself.



With each turn of the page, she strung together random sentences, words, and characters from books she reads on a regular basis. While the story she was making up didn't make much sense, it was the best book I ever had read to me because it came from the creativity of a child.


0 comments: