She was pretty excited about her "Big Girl" underpants and she did awesome her first day in them...seriously, no accidents!The next day went well, just two accidents, but the third day we experienced some technical difficulties! I know it's a new thing she's learning, but boy I wanted to pull my hair out. We also had fun navigating errands with a newly potty-trained person and 9 month old in tow. I had fun last Thursday falling on my butt in the bathroom at the library because the toilet flushing scared Madi to death. I was crouched down with Lily stradled on one leg and the toilet flushed without warning. Madi rushed over (which threw me off balance) and wrapped her arms around my neck. I tried my darndest to defy the gravity that was pulling me towards the ground, but I failed...miserably. I was glad that moment was followed by laughter because if anyone would have been watching the whole thing happen, I'm sure they would have been laughing too.





6 comments:
Horay! It is so nice to only have one in diapers! Aleksia potty trained fairly quickly, but still will have accidents, cause she doesn't get to the bathroom in time. Luckily they are always in the bathroom on the lanolium! Congrats!
Yippee!! Good job Madi! We're kinda doing the same thing too but Brooklyn won't tell us WHEN she needs to go, so it's a guessing game. Whaddaya do.
lol...sorry about the bathroom incident. But it sounds quite hilarious. At least they keep those fairly clean! :D
Malcolm potty trained really fast with no accidents. It was nice. I would love to potty train Quinn, but I don't want to push him into it just to have accidents.
Way to go Madi!! Too funny about you Madi being scared and you falling! Good laugh!
I was just thinking about you today and wondering how the potty training was going! Yea for Madi (and a big horray for you for sticking it out). call me if you need anything!
How exciting!! I just love to see all of the pictures. I always wondered what it would be like to watch our girls grow up and even though we don't live close I can still giggle, laugh, and cry with you. One of the things that Khalei loved to do when she first potty trained was pick her own panties at the store. Wow, what excitement. Also, Khalei still has a potty dance. She'll be so adimant that she doesn't have to go and then less then two minutes later she is running to the toilet. "I gotta go pottyyyy! I wish you best of luck. You know that this means she really growing up, and sometime when you will be at the store with a half cart full of stuff, Madi will frantically say, "Mom, I gotta go potty!!". We love you guys.
Oh my...do I know what you are talking about! We started potty training a few weeks ago and it is stressful! I don't want to leave the house so he doesn't have accidents, but I can't stay home or I'll go crazy!!! Well, good luck and keep laughing!
Post a Comment