April 4, 2008

Exciting News...
Yesterday, Lily took eight steps all by herself! She has become more brave to stand on her own, and each time she does, it's for longer periods of time. Maybe I spoke too soon to a friend the other day when I told her I was glad she wasn't walking yet. Lily must have heard me! It is so fun to watch her learn new things. Once she's standing by herself, she gets a big grin on her face and starts clapping. I will hopefully get a video and pictures of her taking steps soon!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay Lilly!! That's so exciting watching them learn new things, especially when they are so excited for themselves! Sort of sad when they start walking too, like they're officially not a baby anymore! So far Grayam just really likes to stand - he'll stand forever but never take a step, he's been doing it for weeks!

Shaila Lou said...

Yay Lily!! Oh so cute when they start walking, but I'm with you, I'm actually okay that they don't do it too soon. It's more work after that.

Christine said...

I love watching them learn

Street Fam said...

How cute. Can't wait to see a video. I love watching little kids when they've just started to walk...it's so cute.

Spencer said...

Congrats on the first few steps. I keep trying to convince Kelsey to try to walk without holding my hand, but she's not going for it yet.

Alex said...

How fun! And, Amy I've got to hand it to you on the formaldehyde issue. You definitely win (or should I say lose?!) this round!

The Platts said...

That is so exciting that Lil is walking! Your girls are super cute. The bridge lunch looked like a ton of fun too!

ecometrochic said...

I love starfall too!