April 2, 2008

Lunch on the Bridge
After storytime at the library, I decided Madi and I should have our lunch on the little bridge you have to drive over to get to our house. I put Lily down for a nap, made up some chicken sandwiches, and headed for the bridge.

When we got there, some ducks were floating along in the creek under the bridge!

Madi enjoying her sandwich

Not too long after we sat down Madi said, "It's lovely being outside isn't it?" It was lovely being out there with her for some fresh air.


Here she is with her big rock to throw over the bridge. My mom taught her how to do this when she came to help us after I had Lily. Thanks Mom!


She really does think it's so much fun!

She loves picking out different sized rocks and listening to see if they make a loud or quiet splash.

While taking this picture she was saying, "I love throwing rocks!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures of Madi are ADORABLE. Nice photography work!

Brooke and Jason said...

She is so cute, and so big! It seems like you live in a really cute place!

Shaila Lou said...

What a fun idea! I didn't realize water actually ran under the bridge...hum shows how much I know! Love all the pictures. Madi is just as adorable as ever!

The Kay Family said...

Awww!! I have such a flood of memories when I see the pictures you post!! Leah and Daniel threw their fair share of rocks into the stream too! I'll have to dig up some pictures of him and John (his bro) floating the stream in half de-flated inner tubes. . . hilarious! I am glad that Madi shares the same joy of throwing the rocks in as Leah once did!