October 6, 2008

A Fun Project!

This is fabric I picked out to sew up some bedding for Madi! I am so excited! I am working on it with two other sisters from my ward who are so generous to lend me their time and talents to get this done. I've only been wanting to do it for about two years! I just fell in love with this fabric when I saw it in the store. I thought it looked so much like Madi since it's all yellow and she is such a sun-shiney kind of person. We are going to be making a strip quilt duvet cover. It should turn out nice and will go relatively fast. We are getting together to cut out the strips this week so wish me luck!

6 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Oh that is going to be so pretty! You will have to post pictures when your all done - I'm sure it will be lovely!

Christine said...

How fun. The day I start sewing will be the day pigs fly!

About getting certain things a different color, yes that is photoshop. I actually have elements. The pumpkin picture that you saw of Claire was an antique wash, but I know how to only one thing in color. If you have photoshop and want to know how I would be happy to send you a step by step

Jen said...

Yay Ames! It will look awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Talia Jensen said...

How cool! I can not wait to see what it looks like when you are done. Madi will love it.

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

Oh my, I can't believe how long it has been. I have been a bad blogger. :0 I don't realize it had been so long since I have checked your blog. I love all of your pics and hearing about your family. Lily is growing up so much and she is so cute. Madi looks so excited about preschool. I hope you and Josh are doing great. We love you guys. :) Bonnie

Karen said...

I love the fabric. I think its perfect for Madi. Can't wait to see the finished project.