October 1, 2008

High School Memories
My friend Kim tagged me awhile ago, and this was one I couldn't pass up. It should give you an insight into my years as a total spaz. It's okay...I know I was and I accept it!
1. Did you date someone from your High School? No, I'm afraid not. I dated a kid that went to Highland my senior year, but no one from my school. I, like Kim, did not attend hardly any dances due to me being a spaz and boys not liking that.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove a red Chevy Cavalier. It kept giving me trouble, so my last year I was driving a white Chevy Prism that lasted until we got pregnant with Lily.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you? I second the response Kim left on her tag: "I've been thinking about this one, and it was probably when my BFF Amy and I were cruising around one lonely Saturday night driving past the home of a boy she liked, when all of a sudden, we realized he was out on his driveway with his buddies. They proceeded to hop in their car and follow us to find out who was stalking them. They cornered us and we tried hiding our faces and we just mumbled some lame excuse as to what we were doing and then hit the rode. Pathetic, yes. It did cure us of doing any more "drive-bys," though."
4. Were you a party animal? I don't think so. I didn't go to "raging" parties on the weekend. I did have a lot of fun hanging out with my big group of friends. It always felt like a party with them! Go BooYeah Crew!
5. Were you considered a flirt? No...talk to my friend Steph about that question (Hee hee!)
6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir? I chose sports over singing with our school's choir.
7. Were you a nerd? Hmmm...I don't think so...
8. Were you on any Varsity teams? Yes, softball my Junior and Senior Year
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? Nope!
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah we're from Skyline...dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah dah! I think you get the picture.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Senior Horton my Spanish teacher, otherwise known as "Hot Rod" in the swimming pool (he coached swimming) and Mrs. Kennedy. She taught my special ed Math class and was really patient and polite to all the kids in her class.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? At a table on the left-hand side of the cafeteria with the sistas from the BooYeah Crew
13. What was your school's full name? Skyline High School
14. School mascot? Eagles
15. Did you go to Homecoming? Yes, once. It was a pity date my Dad set up. I went with Ryan Casper from the ward I grew up in. We did have a fun time though.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes. I would have tried out for track I think and given swimming a try. I was told to do track a couple times by a coach in junior high and I wonder now what it would have been like if I'd have done it. I also would have not worried so much! Good grief!
17. What do you remember about Graduation Day? My friend Joe somehow went through the graduation line twice! Ha ha!
18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day? What? There was a Senior Skip Day?! Ah, Man!
19. Were you in any clubs? Well, I wrote for the sports section of the school newspaper if that counts.
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Hello! Of course I have! Thanks for making me remember! Just kidding...I have though, luckily I have two munchkins to burn it out on.
21. Who was your Prom Date? I have to say first that I almost did not go to my Senior Prom. I was called the day of, last minute. I was on a date with my dad when I got the phone call. My dad is so sweet. He was going to take me out shopping and to a movie and dinner for my Senior Prom. When I got the news that someone took pity on me and wanted to take me, we happened to be right by the mall. I literally ran in with my Dad, picked out a dress that fit in like 10 minutes then rushed home. My Aunt Cathy happened to be there, so she curled one side of my head and my mom curled the other side. About 25 minutes later my date showed up and we were off! It was fun seeing my friends at the Prom because they didn't expect to see me (yes, I was the only one in my group 10 girlfriends who was not asked...sad). After dancing was over we went to this activity place where we could dress up like sumo wrestlers, play bungee games, etc. It was pretty fun considering I had no real friends in the group. I was with the "popular" kids...lucky me.
22. 10 year Reunion? Are you planning on going? Probably...I'll have to see where I'm living then :)
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? This probably sounds repetitive from what I hear other people say, but just be yourself. Who cares? Just be you. If people don't like you how you are, they're not worth your friendship. Don't wait for opportunities to come to you, get out there and find or make opportunities for yourself!
Who do I want to tag.........well, this is a long one so I don't fault you for not wanting to do it, but I'd love to hear from anyone willing!

4 comments:

Street Fam said...

Reading that is bringing back lovely memories of my Eagle years! Where will you be next March? Maybe we should drive down to St. George and have a good gripe in right?? What do you say?

Tyson and Marie said...

You are hilarious! I just have to say that you are wrong with some things:) You were a total babe! And every guys dream dance date because you were so fun to be with and so beautiful! I just thought I would put in my two cents!And I totally remember the Highland guy you dated....oh the memories. ha ha

NicKim Family said...

Oh that was fun to read - You're so funny!

Kim said...

Yay! I enjoyed reading your answers. Why were we such spaz's in high school? It sure is fun to look back and laugh at ourselves, though! :)