September 23, 2008

A Day In the Life...
About a week ago, we had a funny experience happen at our house. Madi was running around in her all her princess dress-up glory when she realized she had to use the potty. I asked her if she needed any help holding her dress out of the way while she went, but she reassured me she'd be fine. I went out into the kitchen for a few minutes only to hear screaming and crying shortly after I'd left. I ran in thinking she had hurt herself or something to find her standing in front of the potty and pointing into the toilet bowl. I was trying to get her to calm down so she could explain what was the matter. She just kept crying and pointing, so I walked over to the toilet, looked in, and there in the bottom of the bowl was one of her princess earrings sitting right next to... um ... her bowel movement! She kept saying through the tears, "My princess earring! My princess earring!"
I had to make a decision on what to do fast, and I knew was NOT going to retrieve the earring considering the circumstances. I explained to her that she was going to have to say good-bye to her earring. With tears streaming down her face, she bid a fond farewell, and waved to it as it circled around and down. She felt much better after we found a new earring for her to wear, and she hasn't worn her princess jewelry in the bathroom since!

4 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Oh that is so sad! I can totally imagine Lucy doing the same thing. Isn't it kinda cute how over dramatic they are sometimes? I love that she loves her dress up stuff so much!

Shaila Lou said...

So funny! If I only had a sec to decide...as much as I would have not wanted to...I would have saved the toy. I'll have to remember that small things can flush. Better to flush then disinfect my whole self afterwords. Haha!

Tarah said...

That is too funny and sounds so much like Kember. Hey, is Madi picky about the toilet? If there is toilet paper or anything in there, Kember refuses to use it and insists on using ours instead...or flushing a million times...is this normal? Please tell me Madi is picky about this too.

Neil and Steph said...

HA! What a great story. I'm glad she got a new pair of earrings...I'm sure that made it all better!