December 15, 2008

Let It Snow

View of our road from the front yard.

I always love the first snowfall of the winter season. It makes everything so pretty and sparkly. It also always gives me jitters to drive in it since our road gets rather tricky to navigate, especially making the climb up the hill to get out. Nonetheless, I do love the snow.
We had Elder Mathewson and Elder McBee over on Saturday to help us put up the Christmas lights. They were more than willing to help since we offered them lunch as well. They helped Josh get the lights up in no time, even with the cold weather and snow, and we scarfed down some warm white chili and rolls. The Rupps joined us for lunch also and we had a great time eating and laughing!
Saturday night it was so fun to turn on the lights and check it all out. Our little house looks so cute! This is the first time we've ever had Christmas lights up on the outside of the house and I don't think I'll go back! It would have been fun to decorate the posts on our porch, but I didn't have the money...someday.
Sunday morning our road still hadn't been plowed and I got thinking of how icy the roads around here were going to be. Needless to say, I was not excited about that. I said out loud, "This is our last winter here! Yipee!" At the time I thought it was fitting because the roads here really do freak me out even though I was raised in Utah where there's a ton of snow, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that this really is our last winter here and that I should enjoy it all. Even the terrible road conditions. Spring will come too soon and we'll be saying goodbye to Pullman, so in the mean time I better buck up and git 'er done!

1 comments:

Talia Jensen said...

It is so funny to hear someone say almost verbatim similar words I have said. I normally don't mind driving in the snow, but I am petrified to drive in Pullman for a handful of reasons. We are going to miss you when you leave at the end of the semester!!