December 19, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung...
I finished Madilyn and Lily's stockings this morning. I am so proud of myself for getting them done. Camille helped me by providing the inspiration from a stocking she had made for a co-worker. We originally had seen the design in a Better Homes & Garden Arts & Crafts magazine, but Cami sewed hers up first. When I saw how cute they were I had to have some of my own since the girls have never had stockings.

It was fun to personalize Madi's with light and bright pinks. I also had a good time sewing on different buttons all over each stocking to give them their own unique look. With these heart buttons I created petals on this flower for Madi's stocking.

For Lily's I did dark and light purples. To give her stocking a different look I layered some of the buttons.

Now all they need are some goodies from Santa! I really enjoyed making these. It was fun to tap into the creative juices that I forget are in my head! I especially love the pre-quilted fabric I used for the stocking. It really gave them a "homey" touch that I think we'll enjoy for all the Christmases to come.

3 comments:

Street Fam said...

Cute stockings! You are one creative gal!

Talia Jensen said...

Those are so cute!!! You did a fantastic job!

Mindy Peck said...

So, when you come to SL again....PLEASE please PLEASE show me how to make stockings. I wanted to make some this year and never could get it done. The girls stockings turned out darling!!