January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve Visitor

Our friend Todd has a Santa suit, so on Christmas Eve Josh changed into it and brought down the girl's Christmas Eve presents.



Each year I pick out new Christmas pjs for everyone to wear. That is the gift they open each year on Christmas Eve!

Lily has been skeptical of the Santas she has seen this past year, so I was worried that she would cry. Maybe deep down she knew it was Josh so she wasn't scared.

New teddy bears too!
Lily calls hers "Bobo" and Madilyn's is "Kaycee". She named it after her friend Kaycee Bott.
When the presents had been opened, Madi looked up at Josh and said matter-of-factly, "You're Papa huh." Josh explained that she was right and that Santa let him borrow the suit.
After Josh changed, we put the kids to bed. We waited about a half an hour after they were asleep before we headed up the hill to visit Todd. I usually take the monitor with me, but I didn't think we'd be up there very long, so we opted to leave it here at the house. We were talking to Todd when we heard the front door start to turn. Josh went to the door and said, "What are you doing up here?!" I automatically knew who he was talking to. Madilyn came through the door with a big smile on her face and said, "Hi guys! I put my boots on and everything!"
I couldn't help but laugh. Luckily it was really light outside so she could see her way up to the house! I reminded her that she needed to stay in her bed so Santa could come and we walked home.

3 comments:

ecometrochic said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, late!

Kim said...

How cute! Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Amy... CUTE blog! I love your pictures of your kids, they are DARLING. You look so cute as well and I love that you are a Mom of two beautiful children. I added you to our list of friends! I love the blogging world!