Saturday Morning Sweet Tooth!
I had to share this story...
Josh let me sleep in last Saturday because I have not been feeling well. I saw him get out of bed to attend to Lily who had woken up at 6 am and after that I was pretty much comatose until Madilyn came in and said she ate "that chocolate that made me want to throw up." I realized that Josh had gotten the girls up, but had come back to bed. I sat up in bed and looked over at her. Madi and Lily were standing at the side of our bed with chocolate faces and hands. At least Madi shared the chocolate right?! Well, I got out of bed to see what chocolate she had eaten and found an empty box of unsweetened Baker's squares. Luckily there had only been about three squares left, but still! That little stinker had climbed up on the stove and gotten into the cupboard where I keep my baking goods.
I thought that was all they had eaten until two hours later I discovered a bunch of chocolate spread all over the floor in their room. I asked Madi to come in and explain what had happened and she said, "It was that turtle on the icecream." I was trying to make sense of what she was saying and she just kept saying it was the turtle on the icecream. I remembered that we had kept some Magic Shell (that chocolate that hardens on your icecream) up in the cupboard as well. The bottle has a picture of a turtle sitting on icecream on it. I went out to check the bottle and it was empty! Needless to say, they both had upset tummies all day and have been banned from all and any sweets this week. Although last night we went to a friend's house for FHE and they served us brownies. Don't worry...I softened up and let her have one!



3 comments:
I can't believe they ate the unsweetened chocolate! Yuck!
Wow, that is a funny story! They were really craving some chocolate, huh? Jackson has never done anything quite like that, but I have caught him getting into my pantry looking for a treat. I will have to hide my baking chocolate from now on! :)
Yum, chocolate!! Those two are partners in crime, huh?!?!
Post a Comment