Mr. Piano Man Please...Tickle Those Ivory Keys!


This piano has quite the story of getting up here! Before leaving for Utah, Josh and I were up LATE getting laundry done and all those fun to-dos you do before you head out of town. Well, it was around 11:30 pm and he said he was going out front to wrap up the hose. I stayed inside to finish folding some laundry and about 15 minutes after he'd gone out the front door I heard a knock. I stared at the front door wondering why he had locked the front door when he went out. I walked over, pulled up the shade to see who was there and all I could see was this pink blouse standing away from the door. I thought to myself, "Well, that looks like a shirt that Lois (Josh's mom) wears, but..." I opened up the door and Lois peeked out from the side and yelled "Surprise!" I was completely shocked, surprised and dumb-founded. She had a big smile on her face and said they had brought a surprise for me. I went out the back and sure enough there was a big something wrapped in blankets in the back of Rodger's truck. They took off the blankets and there it was: a piano for an early anniversary present! I stood there for awhile with my mouth wide open and got a little teary-eyed. I've wanted a piano for a long time so I could learn to play. Josh bought it from his Unlce John and Aunt Shellee who had a moving day sale and my father in-law made the beautiful bench. Rodger and Josh moved the piano inside and it was a perfect fit! I talked to one of my favorite people in our ward on Sunday about doing piano lessons. Her name is Millie and she's probably 65+, but as spunky as ever. She is a hoot and so I am excited to take lessons from her soon!
Needless to say, this is by far the coolest present I've ever gotten. Lois and Rodger thank you so much for loving me enough to drive all day up to Washington to deliver my present only to turn around the next day and drive it all over again!!
1 comments:
What a FUN surprise! That is so cool. Have fun w/ your lessons. :)
Post a Comment