March 4, 2008

Rough Night
This was the aftermath from last night's insanity. Allow me to get you all up to date on why Josh slept on the couch (no he's not in the dog house) and why I am amazingly still on the bed!
Saturday night, we got home from hanging out over at the Poteets and got everybody into bed. About an hour after falling asleep, Lily woke up. I helped her settle back down and climbed back in bed. About an hour and a half later, she was up again. I think most of you know where this is headed. That vicious cycle has occured every night since then, with last night being the most brutal of all. I was up with her, if not every hour, every half hour.
Lily was crying so much last night that it woke up Madi who saw me carry Lily out of their room. A few minutes later, there stood Madi at the bed eager to climb in. Josh told her 'no' and I, being a zombie by this point, walked her back to her bed and explained why she couldn't get into our bed...there were already three people in there! I barely remember Josh saying he was moving out to the couch, and I have no idea when Madi climbed in the bed. I was pretty much passed out by that point.
This morning I took Lily into the doctor because something just wasn't right, and......... (drum roll please).........ear infection! Thank you, thank you very much! I quickly went to fill the prescription after leaving the doctor's office and I am hoping (keep your fingers crossed for us) that tonight we all sleep better.

6 comments:

Street Fam said...

That picture is priceless! I'm sorry to hear about the ear infection. I know how ya feel. Ben had chronic ear infections for 3 1/2 months. He ended up getting tubes. I hope the anti-biotic helps her. I feel so bad for them b/c I remember how painful ear infections were. Have a good night rest! :)

Jen said...

hahaha best picture ever! I love reading your blog! You are such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Yikes Amy! Yeah, Lilly has started getting up once in the night randomly and I have a hard time handling that! I your situation improves. It's miserable going with out sleep, huh?

Trista said...

I'm sorry, but yeah, I too had to laugh at the photo. Honestly, it's really cute but man do I hate those zombie nights!! Brooklyn still gets up about once a night, although usually goes back to sleep pretty quick by herself (thank heavens!)...we'll see how it goes with a newborn too...ick. Thank heavens for white noise!!! :D

Christine said...

Sounds really fun-ha! It seems like ear infections are inevitable this time of year-it stinks

Shaila Lou said...

That is quite the hilarious picture! But oh so sad of a night! I figured there must be something wrong if Lily wasn't sleeping, glad you have a prescription for her now!